Thursday, April 3, 2008

Kellie's Painting

"Inspiration does exist, but it must find you working." ----------Pablo Picasso


This is a commission I did for my friend Kellie. It is painted in oil from a photograph she took in Italy. She will see it when she comes to visit this weekend. Commissions are difficult, just because as an artist you are trying to please someone else rather than yourself. If the person who commissions the painting lives out of town, I usually email "progress" photos, so they can have input along the way. Thank goodness for email! It certainly facilitates the process. This is 16" x 20."

I need to improve my photograpic skills!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ArtGirl said...

Oh my goodness! your work is wonderful! Mine is definitely not better!, But thanks for the compliment...I need them because I have low confidence still! I love this one...I love your still lifes also..The bright colors, the loose, soft, edges>..I have a hard time acheiving that loose, spontaneous feeling...I just need to let go but I always end up being so literal in my paintings...Your work is so happy and free! :-)