Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pear on Stripes

 



"It is up to you to choose a life that will keep expanding. It takes discipline to remain curious; it takes work to be open to the world---but oh my friends, what noble and glorious work it is."
Ann Patchett


Haven't posted in a while because I'm busy working on a large painting. It is a commission and I had been working on it for at least two weeks. No matter how I tweaked and tinkered, it just wasn't right. So, yesterday I wiped it all out and started over. It is coming along well now. I learned much from the first one and am able to apply those lessons to this one. Sometimes wiping it out is the very best thing.

Anyway, this pear was fun. The striped fabric is a crumpled up blouse of mine. I want to practice more on doing fabric, but I'm learning as I go along.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

ArtGirl said...

This is a wonderful composition. And of course I love the colors...I think you do fabric beautifully. I especially like the stripes!

carol said...

love the pears with stripes and love the quote. so true. keep on keepin' on, baby.

cfo

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Fun colors, and I love the stripes!

theresamillerwatercolors said...

This pear reminds me of a baby wrapped up in his nice and warm blanket. It's so soothing... Lovely bright colors!

Amy Gethins Sullivan said...

Yes, sometimes it is a big relief, because something is making you nutty and as you try & fix it, you feel it is getting old or over worked looking.But, it could be that you have just looked at it to long. Anyway, wiping it away feels good sometimes.
I needed that quote today. Thanks.
Your stripes are nice & summery, nice painting.
Amy

Susan Carlin said...

What fun to read your great quotes! I have to ask... are you painting in oil or pastel? I paint in both and you'd think I could tell. But no!