Sunday, May 25, 2008

current commission

 



"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well"

--Diane Ackerman

This is a commission I'm working on. It is 30"x30." I would love some feedback. Specifically, does the lower right quarter need something else going on? A teacher I once had said it is a good idea to have a place in the painting where the eye can "rest." That's what I have in mind here, but not sure whether or not it works. In the photo I'm working from, that street (on the right) is full of people, but I don't do people. Also, any other suggestions are WELCOME!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ArtGirl said...

I love this...I would never have noticed anything missing in the bottom right corner. My first impression was that this was a beautiful, colorful place that I wish I could visit...Definitely didn't see anything missing from it at all!